Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I hate healthy food.

I have been a picky eater since I was little. I usually overlook all the recipes in Fitness magazine or other healthy recipes because there is always one strange ingredient that ruins it for me. I am making a list of acceptable and unacceptable foods, to help with my new healthy diet. Some of these foods like butter and cheese may seem unhealthy to some but my goal is to eliminate unnatural processed foods. I know I can't do it all at once so this is my baby step. My baby step to clean eating.


Natural foods I like:
Butter
Cheese
Doctored up eggs
Milk
Onion, garlic, peppers
Nuts
Peanut butter
Bananas
Most fruits in moderation
Granola
Oats
Tomatos
Lettuce
Meat
Yogurt
Potatos and corn in moderation.

Meal Ideas:
Scrambled eggs with ham, cheese and onion
Occasional breakfast muffin with egg, ham and cheese
Chicken breast salad or wrap
Banana with peanut butter and raisins
Yogurt with granola
Lunch wrap
Salad with garlic oil dressing
Parmesan chicken
Cheesy broccoli
Broccolli and chicken or ham casserole
Mashed cauliflower casserole
Spinach lasagna rolls
Cheeseburger, no bread or thin bun with lettuce and tomato
Pork battered in egg, milk and bread crumbs, fried in butter or olive oil
Popcorn with real butter
Homemade icecream? Or frozen yogurt

Some definite NO foods:
Cookies
Pancakes
Cake
Donuts
Chips
Ice cream
Granola bars or meal replacement
Lean cuisine or other types
Frozen pizza or any frozen food beside meat
No foods that claim low fat or diet because they are unnatural.

I have not decided yet on coffee. I believe coffee is a natural product but the cream I put in it is not. I will start with eliminating sugar from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment