Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Trying something different.


I was so excited when I got this BodyBugg and instantly I lost 5 lbs, but sitting I should not be at a plateau right now. I need to try something different. I have been sitting here wasting half my day, AGAIN, on researching diets and losing weight. My new conclusion:


No sugar!
No chocolate!
No processed foods!
Limit Carbs.
Eat protein, fats and veggies.

Yes, I have read this before, but I have also read that just creating a deficit calories will work, but it isn't for me and I am way to frustrated. 

The scale is back to 204.6 today. I could just scream! Of course after seeing that number I got upset and ate dessert for breakfast, because why does it matter?!?

One search tells me I may not be eating enough calories and another search says that I am eating too many. I just can't get a straight answer. 

With the BodyBugg I am consistently burning about 2800 calories a day plus I add 450 calories for breastfeeding a 3 month old. I eat about 2300 calories a day, so a deficit of 950 calories. Some sources say my deficit is too much, some say I am not figuring my calories correctly. Another website said I should eat 1200 calories a day (plus 500 for breastfeeding), so 1700 calories. That seems low to me, but maybe?

I actually struggle to eat a healthy 2300 calories. I usually have an extra 500 calories a day that ends up being used on junk food. So I guess it is obvious I just don't want to admit it. NO MORE JUNK FOOD. If I have extra calories either don't use them or snack on unprocessed food like cheese, nuts, popcorn, fruit, and veggies. 

Also no more meal replacement bar for breakfast. I was noticing some nasty smells coming from my body and I believe it came from that.

Another Thought:
In the past I was able to drop weight consistently but when I started exercising I hit a plateau. Is that because I wasn't eating enough? I question if I should stop exercising, but it makes me feel good so I don't want to. Am I really not eating enough, or just not eating the right things? 
If I eat 1700 calories of healthy food, can I still lose weight? 
I guess all I can do is experiment with my diet and see what works.

No comments:

Post a Comment